Business Process Outsourcing:
Branded into back office outsourcing includes internal business functions and front office outsourcing includes customer-related services.
Skills required to become a BPO employee
To become a good BPO officer the following skills are essential. Compare your skill set against the below checklist to determine whether your candidature really matches the requirements-
• The basic educational qualification expected now a days is a degree in any discipline
• Good written communications skills in English
• Good oral communication. Should be able to talk with good pronunciation and vocabulary.
• Be able to speak in confidence on any topic - especially in Group discussions.
• Have good listening skills. You should be able to listen patiently and answer appropriately.
• Good and pleasing voice.
Some of the communication skills will get polished during your training sessions in BPO. So the basic qualification and soft skills up to a certain basic level can get you a job.
Entry level Skills required
• Computer knowledge: BPO industry normally looks a candidate must know how to use internet, to mail important documents of the company.
•In documentary knowledge candidate must be somewhat an Ms-Office expert, if not an expert then must at least know Ms-Word, Ms-Excel for storing data etc., and important file.
•Communication Skills: This is the most important part of this post as here we have to present our communication skills. A candidate must be confident and assertive in his communication while speaking to the customers.
• Your impression will be the company's impression on customers.
If your job profile needs interaction with foreigners then, you must be skilled and comfortable with their speaking accent. For this you will be given regular training during job also.
Duties and Responsibilities In BPO Sector, mainly two types of jobs for freshers: Offsite and Onsite
•For Offsite, Employee has to do back end jobs like support customer care executives, process data, maintain excel files, networking and related issues, and other technical work.For this you have to be certified like CCNA, CCNP, NIIT certificate in ms excel etc., BTech/B.E. degree, B.Com for accounts related work etc. Technical skills are more important than communication skills.
•For Onsite job, employee will be directly in contact with customers solving their functional or technical queries, so you have to be good in both technical and communication skills. For this you have to be at least graduate with extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills like good listener, good speaker, fast to react, patience, low voice than customer, courtesy, clarity in speaking, relationship building etc.
Academic/Qualification Background: 1. Any degree like B.E/B.Tech., MCA, BCA, BSc, B.A, B.Com, Diploma from recognized university
2. A candidate must have a typing speedo of minimum 20 words per minute and an accuracy of at least 80%. As the company not only need work from the employees, but they need some fast and more work.
3. Additionally, you need to be very good in handling computers and well aware about internet. Rest depends upon your ability to interact and satisfy customers.
Typical Workday On any typical work day, due to the nature of the work, you may be expected to work shifts or be on call. It may be necessary to work extra hours to finish a job.
Opportunities for part-time work are not common, given the working hours in many large organisations, but it may be possible in some smaller establishments.
Career Progression There is always chance for an excellent performer to grow since the path itself. You may begin at ground level actually, say taking calls or doing the back office processing, but certainly you can move up to handling teams , then handling large projects.